Summit in Solidarity
What: Summit in Solidarity, a hike and fundraiser
When:6/11/16, departing Philly at 8:45am
Where: The Pinnacle Pulpit, Hamburg, PA
Why: Community health workers trek miles upon miles everyday to get to patients most in need, and we will hike in solidarity with them and the commitment they make to health as a human right.
If you would like to attend:
1) Set up a fundraising page. We challenge you to set a goal for yourself and challenge yourself. Our goal for the group is $1500. http://act.pih.org/page/outreach/splash/pihengage-campaign2015
2) RSVP by emailing PIHEngage.Philly@gmail.com and sending the link to your fundraising page.
*If you are unsure if you can do the entire hike, and would like to do the shorter one, also let me know this. (see below re: hike)
3) Let me know if you would like a Summit in Solidarity bandana. They will be $4. I need to know by 5/30.
- About the hike: This is a moderate 4-5 hour 8.5 mile loop just an hour and half's drive from the city of Philadelphia. A shorter out-and-back hike is also an option, a short hike to pulpit rock and back to the trailhead, approximately 4.6 miles.
- We will arrange carpool once we have a final number confirmed.
- Anyone is welcome. If you have friends who would like to join but won't be making fundraising pages, we ask that they donate $20.
- Things to bring: water, hiking shoes or sneakers, snacks, lunch
Hamburg, PA 19526
Google map and directions