One of our biggest tools for training for PIH Engage teams is found in our Webinars, hosted online live and recorded for later reference. Below, find our upcoming webinars and our past webinars:
Nothing here yet - check back soon!
2016-2017 Campaign Year Webinars:
March 9, 2017: Spring Advocacy 2017: Federal Budget!
- This spring, PIH Engage will be fighting to ensure the U.S. budget includes funding for global health. Check out this webinar to learn about the U.S. appropriations process and how to meet with your Members of Congress to influence it. Slides available here.
February 9, 2017: Strides in Solidarity 2017
- This spring, PIH Engage teams all over the country will host a Strides in Solidarity 5K or walk-a-thon. Will you? If so, check out this webinar for the basics, and find the tools you need to plan your strides here. Slides available here.
October 17, 2016: We Will Deliver! Personal Fundraising Tactics
- This November PIH Engage will raise funds during the We Will Deliver! personal fundraising campaign. On this webinar learn how to create a fundraising push and make it successful, all with a focus on progress for Maternal and Child Health programs in Liberia. Slides available here.
October 5, 2016: Writing Letters to the Editor
- This fall, PIH Engage is supporting the Reach Every Mother and Child Act, a bipartisan bill that could dramatically improve maternal and child survival in poor countries. Watch to learn how to write letters to the editor and use these tools to speak through the media to our elected officials. This is an opportunity to learn a new skill that you can put immediately into action for PIH Engage's advocacy efforts. Follow along with our LTE worksheet, and find the slides here [PDF|PPT].
September 28, 2016: Maternal and Child Health - Fall Fundraising Kickoff
- PIH is working in West Africa to improve health systems and ensure that mothers and children have a fighting chance. On this webinar, learn about PIH Engage's approach to fundraising and hear from Cate Oswald, PIH's Liberia Policy and Partnerships Director, and Katarina O'Regan, PIH's Liberia Executive Coordinator. Check out this webinar, and then join us on October 17th to learn the skills you need to participate in our We Will Deliver! fundraising campaign in November. Slides available here.
September 14, 2016: Meetings with Congress Webinar
- This fall, PIH Engage is supporting the Reach Every Mother and Child Act, a bipartisan bill that could dramatically improve maternal and child survival in poor countries. Join us as we talk about the bill, hear from our allies at RESULTS, and learn how to meet with our legislators to support it. Slides available here.
September 7, 2016: Campaign Kickoff Webinar
- Join PIH Engage as we kick off the 2016-2017 campaign year with a big focus on maternal and child health, tuberculosis, and #CholeraFreeHaiti. This webinar is a view into what fall campaigns can look like for PIH Engage teams across the country. Slides available here.
April 27, 2016 : Fundraising Lead Webinar
- Intended for anyone who will be a Fundraising Lead next year, this webinar will cover the basics of a Fundraising Lead's role in their team and expectations for the 2016-2017 campaign year. Slides available here.
April 27, 2016: Advocacy Lead Webinar
- Intended for anyone who will be an Advocacy Lead next year, this webinar covers the basics of an Advocacy Lead's role in their team and expectations for the 2016-2017 campaign year. Slides available here.
April 26, 2016: Community Building Lead Webinar
- Intended for anyone who will be a Community Building Lead next year, this webinar will cover the basics of a Community Building Lead's role in their team and expectations for the 2016-2017 campaign year. Slides available here.
April 26, 2016: 2016 Team Coordinator Webinar
- Intended for anyone who will be a Team Coordinator next year, this webinar will cover the basics of a Team Coordinator's role in their team and expectations for the 2016-2017 campaign year. Slides available here.
March 10, 2016: Strides in Solidarity Webinar 2
- As your team is underway planning Strides in Solidarity, we want to give you all the tools you need to make your event a success. On this webinar we discussed the platform Classy (Register for a page here), which we're using for registration and fundraising pages. We also chatted through materials on our website and best practices for recruiting others to your event. Join us to continue to build towards a successful Strides in Solidarity event. Slides available here.
March 7, 2016: Advocacy Call for Nerds
- If you're an Advocacy Lead or Team Coordinator, you have had a lot of emails running through your inboxes with numbers, email tools, and information about our advocacy campaigns. During the call for Nerds, we dived into all of those numbers and more to really see what's going on with the U.S. budget for global health and how we can influence it. Slides available here!
February 2, 2016: Using the Global Health Curriculum Webinar
- Made for Community Building Leads, our Global Health Curriculum provides an interactive set of lesson plans and discussions for groups of various types. But how and when should you use it? Watch this webinar to dive into how to use the Global Health curriculum and facilitate discussion around global health issues with your Team. Slides available here!
January 21, 2016: Strides In Solidarity Webinar
- Strides in Solidarity is a fun and effective culminating event to finish out your year of fundraising with PIH Engage. This webinar explains what it takes to put together a Strides in Solidarity 5k or walk-a-thon. Slides available here!
January 19, 2016: Spring Advocacy Kickoff Webinar
- The end of 2015 resulted in a disappointing federal global health budget for Fiscal Year 2016. This means we have to ramp up our efforts to get funding up to stable levels for Fiscal Year 2017 and beyond. Here we discuss our updated strategy to make this happen. Slides available here!
January 12, 2016: Midpoint Review Webinar
- We ended 2015 with a lot to be excited about: numerous letters to the editor, a campaign that raised over $100,000 in just ten days, bigger and stronger teams, and more. On this webinar, we recap these successes and look forward to the year ahead. Slides available here!
October 22, 2015: Meeting with Congress Webinar
- Learn how to have a successful meeting with your Senators and Representative this fall. Review talking points on our current appropriations campaign, what to expect at the meeting, and how to follow up and move your members of Congress up the global health champion ladder! Slides available here!
October 18, 2015: Ten Days to Zero Webinar
- Learn how to set up your fundraising page, helpful talking points when asking for donations, and how to structure a successful 10 Days to Zero campaign! Slides available here!
October 15, 2015: Letters to the Editor Webinar
- Learn what an LTE is, how to write and submit one, and get some guidelines for crafting an effective letter. Hear from an LTE-writing superstar, activist Willie Dickerson from RESULTS. Slides available here!
October 14, 2015: Personal Fundraising Webinar
- Hear from PIH Engage teams on how they've structured and run successful personal fundraising campaigns. This will help you prepare your team for the 10 Days to Zero campaign. Slides available here!
September 14, 2015: Tuberculosis in Peru: A Deeper Look Webinar
- Featuring Jerome Galea of Socios En Salud who introduced the plan to reach zero TB deaths in Carabayllo, Peru over the next three years. This is the background information for the PIH Engage fundraising goals this year! Slides available here!
September 9, 2015: Fall Advocacy Launch Webinar
- Learn about how we define advocacy for PIH Engage, the network goals for this year, and a snapshot of what your semester might look like as an advocacy lead! Slides available here!
September 1, 2015: Recruitment Best Practices
- Hear from PIH Engage teams from all over the network on how they've seen success recruiting at the beginning of their campaigns. Plus get pointers from PIH Community Organizers on what steps to take to recruit new members into the movement. Slides available here!
August 27, 2015: 2016-2016 Campaign Review
- Learn what our broad network-wide campaigns are, and see some insight into how to translate these campaigns down to a campaign at the local level. This webinar is mostly designed for Team Leads who missed the 2015 Training Institute. Slides available here!
Archive: For an archive of older recordings (including from the 2014-2015 campaign year) check here.