We are currently accepting New Team Coordinator applications!
You can apply to lead a new team at your University by reading the following description and filling out the application.
Note: Though we'd love to expand internationally, we are currently only accepting applications for U.S. based PIH Engage Teams.
Team Coordinator Requirements:
- Available in current city/town during the next three semesters
- Able to commit to 8-10 hours per week minimum
- Attend full Training Institute in Boston in August (limited need-based financial aid is available for those who apply)
- Attend monthly coaching calls
- Attend online training webinars
- Must have 1 dedicated faculty advisor, expected to attend coaching calls with student leader
- Have established network of potentially interested individuals in the location in which you will be organizing
- Passion for advancing the movement for global health equity, and a drive to persist through significant challenges
- Work with National Team to create year-long campaign strategy
- Build a leadership team committed to executing the strategy
- Set clear fundraising, advocacy, and community-building goals and campaign milestones to meet those goals
- Interface with key community leaders and work with them to contribute to the campaign goals, as needed
- Hold, at minimum, twice monthly meetings/discussions using the PIH Engage Global Health Curriculum
- Plan, at minimum, two advocacy actions throughout the year (for example, hosting a call-in day where people contact their Congressional offices on a specific topic)
- Hold a "Strides in Solidarity" 5K run or walk-a-thon in the spring at your school.
- Be available and in communication with the National Team via email and phone/Skype
- Link team to the broader movement and ensure team participation in national webinars
- Consistently prepare for critical discussion on team progress with National Team during coaching calls
- Facilitate team communication on ongoing progress
- Contribute consistent feedback to the National Team about progress, challenges, and successes
- Join twice-monthly coaching calls with national team
- Assist student club in booking spaces, navigating technical issues, and accountability
- Be in attendance at events held by the students throughout the semester
- Help recruit new, passionate students to the cause every year
- It is highly encouraged for advisers to attend the August Training Institute