We are currently accepting New Team Coordinator applications for our 2016-2017 campaign year!
You can apply to lead a new team at your University by reading the following description, and filling out the application by May 15, 2016.
Note: Though we'd love to expand internationally, we are currently only accepting applications for U.S. based PIH Engage Teams.
Team Coordinator Requirements:
- Available in current city/town during the next three semesters (through fall 2017)
- Able to commit to 6-8 hours per week minimum
- Attend full Training Institute in Boston, starting at 9am Friday - and ending around 4pm Sunday, August 12 - 14, 2016 (limited need-based financial aid is available to those who apply)
- Attend an online training module over summer 2016 for new Team Coordinators
- Attend twice-monthly coaching calls with a member of PIH Engage staff throughout the campaign year
- Attend online training webinars throughout the year (usually scheduled for weeknights at 9pm EST)
- Have established network of potentially interested individuals in the location in which you will be organizing
- Passion for advancing the movement for global health equity, and a drive to persist through significant challenges
- Work with the PIH Engage National Team to create year-long campaign strategy
- Build a leadership team committed to executing the strategy
- Set clear fundraising, advocacy, and community-building goals and campaign milestones to meet those goals
- Typical team goals include $5,000 raised during campaign year, meetings with members of Congress, and recruitment goals based on your area.
- Interface with key community leaders and work with them to contribute to the campaign goals, as needed
- Build a team consisting of at least an Advocacy Lead, Fundraising Lead, and Community-Building Lead in addition to your role as a Team Coordinator
- Plan and execute at least twice-monthly team meetings that move the group towards its goals
- Hold leadership team members accountable for their commitments
- Take responsibility for enabling teams to accomplish shared goals
- Be available and in communication with the National Team via email and phone/Skype throughout this summer
- Link team to the broader movement and ensure team participation in national webinars
- Consistently prepare for critical discussion on team progress with National Team during twice-monthly coaching calls
- Facilitate team communication on ongoing progress