2016 Training Institute Recap and Materials
From Friday, August 12 through Sunday, August 14, 151 PIH Engage leaders from around the United States gathered in Boston for the 2016 Training Institute. At the conference, the volunteer organizers heard from PIH Staff including Chief Nursing Officer Sheila Davis, Dr. Regan Marsh, and Dr. Paul Farmer.
PIH Engage volunteers and staff pose for a photo at the 2016 Training Institute. Photo credit Liza Magill, Partners In Health.
Training Institute ended in the afternoon on August 14, 2016, but is only the beginning of this year's campaigns that will be taken on by more than 600 volunteers in PIH Engage's network.
Materials from the 2016 Training Institute:
- Full Training Institute Participant Packet
- Photos from the 2016 Training Institute (Facebook Album)
- PIH History, Mission, and Vision [PDF|PPT]
- PIH Engage Mission and Theory of Change [PDF]
- PIH Mission, Vision, and Elevator Pitch [Worksheet]
- Social Theory in the Right to Health Movement [PDF|PPT]
- PIH Engage Campaign Overview [PDF|PPT|endTB]
- Story of Self Workshop [PDF|PPT|Worksheet]
- Advocacy Skill workshops:
- Fundraising Skill workshops:
- Community Building/Education workshops:
- Community Organizing Skill sessions:
- Tools for Success [PDF|PPT]
- Building your local campaign [PDF|PPT|Worksheet]
- Taking it home [Worksheet]